There is NO one-size-fits-all when it comes to goal-setting. In today’s episode, we talk about the different ways we set goals for our freelance business.
Listen to Episode 20, How to Set and Stick to Goals: Intuitive Goal-Setting for the Trailblazing Freelancer
- Lunar Cycle
- Fran plans using the lunar cycle
- Lunar cycle is 28 days with the main phases of planning being the new moon and full moon
- Set goals and intentions on the new moon
- Look back on intentions and evaluate two weeks later on the full moon.
- This builds in two strong checkpoints to check in with yourself every month.
- There are also long-term methods for working with the lunar cycle!
- For guidance planning using the lunar cycle, check out Manifestation Moon Circle hosted by Francesca
- Short-Term Goal Setting
- Krista sets short-term goals to laser focus on, and she uses Trello to reverse engineer the process and see the big picture of what she has to do.
- How to set Good Goals
- Put smart goals aside and get clear on the feelings behind the goals we are setting.
- Set a goal that produces something tangible, but don’t lose sight of the feeling you are looking for.
- Create a board on Trello or a space where you can braindump goals, and you can choose the ones to work towards when the time is right.
- Trust yourself. Any decision you make is the right decision.
- Set goals that you are excited about. Don’t set goals because you feel like you need to have certain things. Set goals that actually reflect what you want.
- Check in with your progress regularly.
- Take one big goal and break it into smaller goals.
- Set up a place to braindump and dream. Trello is awesome for this.
Show Notes and References
- Episode 13, Stop Planning for the Perfect Day: Plan Like a Rebel with The Goal Designer Megan Seeley
- Manifestation Moon Circle – Facebook Group hosted by Francesca
- Lunar Abundance – learn how to plan using the Lunar cycle